Re: GnomePropertyBox

On 28Jun2001 05:37PM (-0400), Iain wrote:
> On 28 Jun 2001 17:13:58 -0400, Richard Hestilow wrote:
> > On 28 Jun 2001 17:14:10 -0400, Iain wrote:
> >
> > > My suggestions for this would be to change the buttons to be the same
> > > idea as the Control Centre: "Try" "Revert" "Okay" "Cancel" "Help". I'm
> > > just worried that 5 buttons might be overwhelming but this set up gives
> > > what I think is a pretty good control over the preferences.
> >
> > The new (HEAD) control center only has "Ok" and "Cancel".
>
> Ummm, IMO that sucks.
> There needs to be an way to set and revert changes so I can see what
> happens and undo it if I don't like it.

I think a nice way to do things is to apply changes instantly as you
manipulate the controls, and provide a way to undo changes (either
undo one at a time, or revert them all). So the two buttons I'd
suggets are "Revert" or "Undo" and "OK" or "Close".

Changes that apply instantly are definitely the best for tweaking
things and trying out different preferences.

The control center setup is definitely way too confusing.

Regards,

Maciej