GnomePropertyBox

Morn'

Given that there's a freeze coming up in about a month, is there any
possibility that we could change GnomePropertyBox so that it doesn't
suck? My current problems with it are
a) When there's only one page, there shouldn't be tabs (minor nitpick)
b) The buttons at the bottom are too confusing. It used to be that of
the 4 buttons Ok and Apply were ghosted until the user changed something
then they lit up and did their funky stuff, but somewhere along the
lines it changed so that only Apply was ghosted until a change. This
means that we have Ok and Close which often do the same thing.

Scenario 1:
User opens dialog and wants to close it straight away. Apply is ghosted,
Ok and Close do the same thing. Which should the user click?

Scenario 2:
User changes something and clicks apply to check it's correct. It is.
They want to close it. Apply is ghosted, and again Ok and Close do the
same thing.

c) There's no way to revert changes to the previous settings.

My suggestions for this would be to change the buttons to be the same
idea as the Control Centre: "Try" "Revert" "Okay" "Cancel" "Help". I'm
just worried that 5 buttons might be overwhelming but this set up gives
what I think is a pretty good control over the preferences.

Am I too late to suggest this?

iain