Re: GConf vs. bonobo-config

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 02:46:56AM +0200, Martin Baulig wrote:
> With GNOME 2, there are no "non-component based apps", Bonobo is integral part of the
> platform, so you always have bonobo-config in your app.

  Martin, could you tell me then how a non-Gnome program would be able
to access some of the configuration options ? I have heard in the recent
past nice things like "we will share user options with KDE or other
desktops" and it seems things are been planned suddenly which will make
this pretty hard to do. Configuration is low level, it is owned by
the user, it should be easily accessible by tools outside of the original
context. How is this gonna work ?

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com