Re: gnome-libs 2.0 API

On 22 Jun 2001 23:37:47 +0200, Martin Baulig wrote:
> We'll either deprecate it and move it in libcompat or port it to Bonobo,
> but then it shouldn't be in libgnomeui. I think such a feature should be
> developed in an application which is actually using it.
>
> Basically we can do the same as with GnomeDock: move GnomeMDI to libcompat
> and deprecate it and develop a new BonoboMDI.

I must mention Galeon. It does NOT use GnomeMDI, but uses multiple
tabs/windows in it's own way. So Galeon hackers hould be contacted to
know the reasons why they did not used GnomeMDI and what better solution
they can suggest.

Galeon also has Docked history and bookmarks (i.e. they can be separate
windows, but can be part of main window), similarly as Evolution has
Folder bar. Don't know this relates to MDI, but is a useful feature
which every app implements by itself and they look diferently (Sodipodi
and Anjuta comes to mind besides abovementioned two).

--
Gediminas Paulauskas
Kaunas, Lithuania