Confusion of Applet and Capplet :)

Heya,
An interesting [but not new] comment from last night, where some of the
GNOME componenets [ie. panel and control center] were brought to the
first stage of the ARC [see http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/archreview
if you're confused already], was the confusion of the terms 'applet' and
'capplet'.

This is almost certainly not a particularly new comment and one that
has probably been discussed multiple times before and plagued many
of the usability people. Obviously there is concern from the ARC [being
from Sun] because these terms obviously already exist.

But not only did this come from the ARC [/me presents ARC with backdoor
key], as Calum's GUADEC presentation came up with the comments -

  The term "applets" was confusing; most didn't know what it
  meant, some guessed it was "something to do with Java"

So it would be just great if we could come up with something a little bit
sensible that somehow acurately describes their [non]usefulness :) This
also applies to the capplets/crapplets.

Among the suggestions were -

Gizmos,Widget,Gadgets,Helplets,Docklets,GNOMElets,Yokeys,Thingameybobs,Whizlets,
Evilets,Miniapps....the list is endless....
[hrm, the more I go on, the more dumb it gets :/]

		Anyways, resolutions??...Any?
				Glynn ;)