Re: TODO #1: GNOME 1.x and 2.0 interoperability / GConf vs bonobo-config

Hi,
Hum, I probably shouldn't be adding to this flurry of mails but can
we please keep the discussion to sensible and *useful* arguments and
not just flaming back and forward....and sure, you can tell me to
fuck off if you want.....but please take it offline ;)

The truth is, that although GNOME is advertised as a highly configurable
system, if GNOME is truely to be used by big corporations, universities
and, in general, large networked systems then we have to be able to
control this configuration because otherwise the sytem admin is going
to have a nightmarish job.

Yes we do need a configurable system, yes we do need one configuration
mechanism but as I've said before, the system admin *needs* to be in
*full* control *all* of the time.

/me still votes to be able to lock down GNOME desktop config anytime the
system admin wants.... :)

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)