Re: global proxy settings

Hi,

On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 17:16, Alex Graveley wrote:
> I think having user/password split out would make life easier for
> applications as these usually map to separate widgets.  *shrug*

Sure, that's fine.  Under no circumstances should a user have to put in
a URL for the proxy, as the user will almost always get it wrong, as
we've noticed in Red Carpet.

> Well, there isn't anything which precludes using both at once.

Seems pointless, and I've never actually seen any applications that
allow you to pick both simultaneously... but then again, GNOME is all
about the options!

Joe