Re: global proxy settings

Hi,

On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 17:03, Bradford Hovinen wrote:
> > Is Gnome2 going to include the Location Manager from XST?  This seems to
> > be the only viable solution to the location/profile problem.
>
> We had planned on doing so, but we have found that doing so would
> require more work than we are prepared to commit right now, so it's not
> going to happen, at least not right away.

Hmmm, okay.  So maybe for now we simply prescribe that proxy settings be
fetched and stored to /system/gnome-vfs[1]/default/*.

This way the location manager can later modify these settings when the
location changes.

-Alex

[1] gnome-vfs doesn't seem like the right thing here.

--
 Think about it man!  Rock singers are only rockin you half the time...
 the other time they're... they're breathing... in!  But not anymore

			-- Tenacious D