Re: Getting libgnome* into shape

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 11:58:29AM +0200, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > I'm not saying it has to, but it does in the way things are implemented in
> > libgnome.
>
> Maybe we are talking about different things, but IMO bonobo-config removes an API
> (the gnome-config API), and it does not add any new API.

And the API I posted was what exactly?  Not an API?  It looked like an API to
me.  With the gnome-init.h API we're exposing bonobo-config API to
everything.  With the way the GConf support is implemented we're exposing NO
further API.  So yes, bonobo-config ADDs an API to libgnome.  gnome-config
being gone or not.  GConf doesn't.  So if we're looking for less API for
in the end the same result, then to me, using GConf seems a better idea.
Perhaps bonobo-config doesn't need that extra libgnome API, I'm not sure.
But there is EXTRA API in libgnome that's not needed if you don't use
bonobo-config.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.