Re: Trouble again :-(

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:
> "GConf is a piece of shit and crashes every 10 seconds" as

Actually, I have barely changed GConf code at all. That's because I
knew there wasn't time before the freeze to stabilize changes.

Unfortunately, people have changed GConf's dependencies (ORBit2,
bonobo-activation). If you are seeing instability I'm quite sure it's
caused by changes there - because GConf HEAD is 99% the same as GConf
stable. If you can point to a bug in GConf code please file it,
otherwise take your flames elsewhere.

> I don't know whether it's just me, but the whole tree gets
> totally broken every few days.

Not because GConf is changing. It has changed only as minimally
required to keep working with orbit/bonobo changes.

So maybe you should fix your own problems instead of flaming me.

GConf is almost certainly the least-changed-from-1.4 module in the
entire GNOME 2 platform.

Havoc