Re: Trouble again :-(

Hi Martin,

On 20 Aug 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:
> We have August 20th which means that we're way beyong the API freeze -
> and I'm currently hacking on gnome-core almost full-time.

	Great, the thing is that I feel there is no real freeze - because
we have no firm commitments from the bottom of the stack glib / gtk+ /
pango / atk etc. - and no releases of API frozen code from them.

	It would be great to get some API frozen releases of these in
tar.gz form, on ftp.gnome.org really soon now.

	However - there's no excuse for such brokenness really, are you
sure it's not just a build bug ? "everything works fine for me" TM :-)
I have seen some extremely strange gconf / bonobo-activation interactions
here - very very odd, that I can't debug and go away when I kill all
gconfd's, wipe out ~/.gconfd and bonobo-slay, oh and perhaps kill
/tmp/orbit-$USER too for good measure ... but I'm procrastinating fixing
these since Havoc assures me he's re-writing gconfd to not use
bonobo-activation: which sounds like a good solution for other reasons
too.

	Regards,

		Michael.