Re: l10n issues (Re: GNOME Releng web site)

Karl Eichwalder <keichwa gmx net> writes:

> Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> > I think we should try very hard to get translations to 100%
> > (at least translations with sufficiently enthusiastic
> > translators) FOR the release.

> >  a) A few weeks to a month before the release (or so), we declare a
> >     string freeze.

Does the timetable address this issue?

> Most of the time this strategy doesn't work that good.  It will lead to
> not so good english message strings:
>
>     Translators will discover all kind of inconsistencies.

Okay, here we go.  Question: Somebody out there who will do a serious
proofreading?  Typos, okay, easy to correct.  Other things I start to
note:

    Superfluous spaces between words and sentence close characters like
    colons, quotation and exclamation marks.  Please, remove those
    spaces; they have no place in English ASCII test.

    Close sentences with a dot (full stop), please.

    Use three dots (not two!) if you want to have &hellip; (= horizontal
    ellipsis)...

    Use '...' as quotation marks if you need to mark literal strings;
    cf. Markus Kuhn's page on quotes:

             http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/quotes.html

--
work : ke suse de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,