Re: Re: extra app list (revision)

Lauris

> >I also suggest to add gpaint (http://gpaint.sourceforge.net) to the list.
> >Gpaint is a simple to use paint program that serves great as a simple
> >image editor for a desktop environment.
>
> the Gimp is capable of everything, I wonder why we should need need a «
> simple » image editor...
>
> The *less-able* image editors are, for me, an invention of non-Free world,
> the way to put an image editor without too much cost in their
> distributions, considering that people who cant afford expensives softs
> dont deserve better....
>
> I guess everyone prefers to use a good and complete application, even for
> doing little things ....

Not always true. GIMP actually has quite deep learning curve - it is not
as simple as:
- New document
- Select color from palette
- Draw
- Save
OK. Actually it is, but finding the right brush, understanding tools etc.
will take some time.
If nobody other, children at certain age will love gpaint much over GIMP.

Btw. we have separate icon editor - and it is useful - although you can do
everything it does (and more) with GIMP.

Lauris