Re: Considering glom but one major hurdle - I don't really want postgresql

On Tue, 2012-01-10 at 15:57 +0000, Chris Green wrote:
I'm quite prepared to dig into the code myself and add the ability to
use other databases.  However I don't want to spend vast amounts of time
on this.  How standard/modular is the database access code and what
language is it written in?  I'm assuming it's written in C/C++ which is
OK by me as I've programmed in C since the 1980's (my job).

The backends are split out from the rest of code, for instance the
connection handling can be found here:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/glom/tree/glom/libglom/connectionpool_backends

Then for most (all?) SQL queries, glom uses libgda which provides the
necessary database abstraction.

There is also an Sqlite example:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/glom/tree/examples/sqlite/test_sqlite_music/test_sqlite_music.glom (notice the
hosting_mode="sqlite").

I am not sure, but I think the limitation with Sqlite was that it can
only be used in self-hosting mode.

regards,
Michael