Re: Online Glom status: 14 - 18 Nov 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 08:49 +0100, Ben Konrath wrote:
[snip]
I was just making the data labels take up all available space ('width:
100%' css property). How do you like this latest mockup?
[snip]

Yes, I prefer that.

The problem was that when the label takes up all horiztonal space, there
is just a big gap between it the label's left-aligned content and the
button. In the desktop UI, we also now take up all available space, but
we use a GtkEntry, so the extents of the widget are there to see.

I agree, the latest mockup does look better. What I don't like about
the live version is that Open buttons in the same column don't line
with each other. The latest mockup fixes this and the Open buttons are
close to the data so it's easy to see where the Open button is going
to navigate to. Win-win. :-)

Ben