Re: Online Glom status: 22 - 26 Aug 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc openismus com> wrote:
On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 15:12 +0200, Ben Konrath wrote:
On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc openismus com> wrote:
On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 15:54 +0200, Ben Konrath wrote:
2. The horizontal column size is being split equally amongst the
number of columns which doesn't match how the Glom flow table layout
works.

It looks fine to me. Got a screenshot of the desktop UI doing something
different?

I've attached screenshots of Glom and Online Glom showing the same
record in the details view. In the Glom details view, the widgets are
justified to the left so that the horizontal size of the biggest
widget in the column determines the horizontal size of the column as a
whole.  In the Online Glom details view, the horizontal column size is
determined by dividing the available horizontal space equally between
all of the columns.

In the current version, the effect is not so obvious, if it's there at
all. See the attached screenshot.

I did some general work to make it more likely for widgets to line up
with each other, even when they are in different groups. That might be
causing the difference.

But none of these slight differences are of great concern to me right
now. I'd certainly need a more extreme example to start worrying about
it.

Ok, I didn't realize that the layout behaviour changed in the latest
version. I'll close the bug I opened about this mismatch.

Thanks, Ben