Re: Online Glom status: 22 - 26 Aug 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc openismus com> wrote:
On Sat, 2011-08-27 at 18:28 +0200, Ben Konrath wrote:

* Finished work on the FlowTable layout in the Details View

This took a little longer than I thought because my initial strategy
didn't work when using the child widget's vertical height for the
layout.

I'd love to see this in action.

Thanks for the reminder. I just deployed the latest code here:

http://bagu.org:8080/OnlineGlom/

There are a couple things I should mention about the current
implementation of the flow table layout:

1. The details view layout of the Music Collection example most
closely matches the details view layout of Glom. I didn't look too
closely at the other examples mostly because they require additional
widget types for the layout to work.

2. The horizontal column size is being split equally amongst the
number of columns which doesn't match how the Glom flow table layout
works. I would need to play around a bit to see how I can make things
match a little more closely but I think it's good enough for now. That
is, I think it's more important to get some of the widgets in the
details view working rather than get the layout exactly perfect. I'll
file a bug about this so there's a place to collect some thoughts
about this.

Ben