Can one populate a table via a Python-script button?

Hello,

I am a complete newbe to glom, however I am considering using it to develop an application to store bibliographic data (nothing new) linked to abstract selection criteria, critical appraisal outcome and manual data extraction info.

One of the things I would like to do is to load an article reference table automatically by using a Python script that converts the bibliographic data file and loads it to the Postgres database, and do this more than once. Would this be possible?

Also, I would like to load PDFs to the database. Again would this be possible? If I recall well there are only a limited number of datatypes available.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Serge