Re: Buttons to navigate forms

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 17:10 +0100, Frederik Vande Rieviere wrote:
On 04 Mar 2010, at 15:59, Murray Cumming wrote:

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 15:53 +0100, Frederik Vande Rieviere wrote:
I've tried scanning trough the archives and haven't found an
answer to this question, so here goes :

Is it possible to make a button to jump to another layout, so I
can make a main layout with buttons so users can navigate to
different layouts and back based on buttons?

Yes. I added that feature a few days ago. It's in today's
development
release. But it won't be in a current distro's packaged version yet.

Any chance on a rough estimate on when it would be in a Windows
version?

A few weeks maybe.

I wonder, what other Python API would people like?

For instance:
print_report("reportname");
do_find(findcriteria)
?

I'll try to implement these before releasing the stable 1.14.0.

Those would be very useful. If not possible already : i'd like a
functionality where you can set the editable status of a field, so you
could have a non-editable field with an "Edit" button next to it,
which renders the field in an edible state when clicked. Very handy
for a kind of "first off" protection for certain critical fields you
don't want to have edited unless absolutely certain.

Whether a field is editable is normally controlled by the users'
privileges in the Users/Group window. Couldn't we generalize this into
some generic "Warn the user before allowing them to change this field's
data" checkbox?

I'd also like fields with scroll bars for bigger text blocks.

Good idea. That should be easy. I'll try.

I'd also like a more convenient way to edit layouts (like in a
publishing app or FileMaker or Kexi)

Yes, the drag-and-drop layout is still not mature.

I'd also like to run the windows version as an administrator so i
don't have to log out and log in to tinker with glom while setting up
a database.

Sorry, that's just not possible with PostgreSQL and I doubt that it's a
good idea in general, particularly when running networked applications
such as Glom or a web browser. Well, I don't use Windows these days, but
the PostgreSQL code prevents us from allowing this.