Postgres authentication when opening a document

When opening a self-hosted or central-hosted document, Glom does not
prompt for user authentication anymore (I didn't check exactly since
when, but I guess this is since the user has to activate the network
share explicitely). Is this by accident, or by intention?

If the latter is the case, then at least for central hosting, I guess
we'd have to save the password which the user gave us when creating the
database in the document, to be able to connect to it again later (this
currently fails because of this reason). However, I am not sure whether
it is a good idea to do so, at least not without letting the user know.

Armin