Re: First time Glom usage + database question.

Regarding the use case of saving data:

That's what confused me as well when I started to work with Glom. You
somehow expect the edit/undo/save/load paradigm (is there a better name
for that?). Well, since undo and save are missing perhaps one could wrap
everything into (database) transactions that get applied when you change
windows (or when you click "apply changes"). That would allow undos and
perhaps be more fitting to what the user expects?

Another possibility could be a flag for each row (in list view)
indicating whether the data in that row is still in a dirty state or
whether it was already made persistent. Or use a signal color (yellow,
red, ...) for the cell background while editing in the details view,
hinting at how the data is only made persistent after finishing editing
a cell. The color semantics (for a cell) could then be:
* white or blue background: persistent data
* red or yellow background: dirty data

regards,
Michael