Re: application for counselling clinic

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 12:30 +0100, Gour wrote:
"Murray" == Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> writes:

Murray> It depends what that means. Glom is not a backend. Glom is a
Murray> frontend, and a way to design the frontend and backend structure
Murray> together.

Well, what I'm thinking about is designing database-part of (Haskell)
application with Glom and using it for all the database stuff, while the
'main' application would perform other calculations, drawing etc.

On Bond ml, I got info that it would be possible to communicate with
Bond 'application' via NOTIFY, but there is also question of passing
data between the 'main' application and Glom (or Bond)?

Is there any mechanism in Glom to communicate with external apps?

You can run python from inside Glom via a button. That let's Glom tell
something else what to do.

If instead another application wanted to tell Glom to do something (such
as "show record 123 in details view in table abc") then Glom would need
a D-Bus API. That's entirely possible.

The alternative is, of course, to write everything in Haskell and just
using one of the available PostgreSQL bindings...