Re: PyGDA ?

Murray Cumming wrote:

Yes. If debian doesn't have the newer version, please do ask the
maintainer to update it.
Ok, good point I will do that when this works :-)

I have made some deb file myself to see if it was at all possible.

However, they might not be able to do that if they are not allowed to
update GNOME libraries. Ubuntu gives you newer stable stuff more often.
Thanks for the advise, I use Ubuntu for a lot of things (friends and family) but not on my development machines, as much of my production are based on Debian and I normally like the conservative nature of Debian :)

You might need a newer version of Python, or maybe the configure script is
finding an old one.
Hmm, is python2.4 the answer ...

I was using python2.3 as python-gtk2 was not ported to testing last time I was looking, but that have changed as far as I can see. I try to make a build using pure python2.4-dev, and hope I soon have a clean Debian testing build :-)

/BL