Re: date field bug

I just spent some more time experimenting with Glom 1.0 to try and
figure out the cause of the problem.

Not that may LANG is:
murrayc ubuntumurrayc:~$ echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8

[segphault lain:~]% env | grep LANG
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US:en_GB:en

Also, is there anything unusual about your Postgres server? What version
is it, and have you used any special/clever configuration with it?

I appear to be using 7.5.16.1:

[segphault lain:~]% apt-cache policy postgresql
postgresql:
  Installed: 7.5.16.1
  Candidate: 7.5.16.1
  Version table:
 *** 7.5.16.1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com dapper/universe Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I'm not doing anything special with it, it's just the standard
configuration. The only changes I made are the changes you list in the
"Initial Postgres Configuration" page at the Glom wiki.

When I start Glom from the command line, it emits messages saying that
the server is version 7.4:

[segphault lain:~]% glom
Glom: connecting.
  Postgres Server version: 7.4

The other thing I see in stdout that is probably relevant is a debug
message about date parsing:

DEBUG: Skipping std::time_get<>  because it is incapable of parsing
4-digit years in the current locale.

I tried entering the date several other ways. When I type in 04/20/06,
it converts it to 4/20/6 or 20/04/6. After it converts it, the program
either experiences a segmentation fault, or emits one of two different
errors. After a segmentation fault, when I restart the program the value
in that field becomes 06/04/2020.

For your reference, I have attached a pair of images that show the error
messages. When the second one (error-2.jpg) comes up I also see the
following in stdout:

Glom  Base_DB::Query_execute(): Error while executing SQL
  UPDATE "articles" SET "date_assigned" = '20-04-06' WHERE "articles_id"
= 9
Internal error: ERROR:  date/time field value out of range: "20-04-06"
HINT:  Perhaps you need a different "datestyle" setting.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

-- Ryan