date field bug

I just tested Glom 1.0 in Ubuntu Dapper. So far, it seems to be working
relatively well, except for a problem with date fields.

Glom transposes the month and day of date fields. When I type "April 15
2006" into a date field, it becomes 15/04/2006. When I click the field
and then click outside of it without actually changing the value, I get
the following error message:

"Invalid format

The data in the field was not recognized. Please try to correct the data
or revert to the previous value. Here is an example of
correctly-formatted data for this field.

31/01/2005"

When I changed the day value from 15 to 12 and then clicked outside of
the field, it changed the formatting so that the date showed up as:
04/12/2006. After changing the value once, clicking inside of the field
and then out of it without changing it causes the month and day values
to switch positions rather than displaying the error message.

Is anybody else experiencing this bug? Is it specific to particular
locales? Also, is there any chance that a real calendar widget could be
used for date selection in future versions?

I also have another question. I want to be able to take data from a
comma delimited text file and import it into a table. It doesn't look
like Glom supports that. If I write my own Python script and have it put
the data from the csv file directly into the postgresql database, will
it break anything? Will Glom be able to interact with that data? What
kinds of external database operations will cause a postgresql database
to become incompatible with Glom? If I add a new table, will Glom be
able to detect it?

Thanks!

--
Ryan Paul <segphault sbcglobal net>