From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
To: Cyro Corte Real Filho <cyroreal hotmail com>
CC: glom-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Can't compile glom...
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 18:07:39 +0200

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 15:20 +0000, Cyro Corte Real Filho wrote:
> I am trying to compile glom on ubuntu hoary and i am having problems, i
> installed all dependencies thru apt, and the configure script runs without
> any problem, but when i type make, i got the following errors:

[snip]
> In file included from boost/python/detail/prefix.hpp:14,
>                  from boost/python/args.hpp:8,
>                  from boost/python.hpp:11,
>                  from py_glom_record.h:28,
>                  from py_glom_record.cc:26:
> boost/python/detail/config.hpp:15:29: boost/config.hpp: No such file or
> directory
[snip]

Yeah, boost is a pain, and I'm not surprised that it's a problem for
someone.

As an awful workaround, you might try installing the boost-python
packages on hoary.

> What am i doing wrong?? I really would like to try glom, it look like what i
> am searching for a long time. Thanks a lot and sorry for the long mail.

I suggest that you try the previous version. There are not that many
differences in 0.8.19 apart from this experiment with boost.

Thanks.

--
Murray Cumming