Re: Can't compile glom...

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 15:20 +0000, Cyro Corte Real Filho wrote:
I am trying to compile glom on ubuntu hoary and i am having problems, i
installed all dependencies thru apt, and the configure script runs without
any problem, but when i type make, i got the following errors:

[snip]
In file included from boost/python/detail/prefix.hpp:14,
                 from boost/python/args.hpp:8,
                 from boost/python.hpp:11,
                 from py_glom_record.h:28,
                 from py_glom_record.cc:26:
boost/python/detail/config.hpp:15:29: boost/config.hpp: No such file or
directory
[snip]

Yeah, boost is a pain, and I'm not surprised that it's a problem for
someone.

As an awful workaround, you might try installing the boost-python
packages on hoary.

What am i doing wrong?? I really would like to try glom, it look like what i
am searching for a long time. Thanks a lot and sorry for the long mail.

I suggest that you try the previous version. There are not that many
differences in 0.8.19 apart from this experiment with boost.

Thanks.

--
Murray Cumming