Trouble Connecting to Postgres

Hello,
   I've managed to build the latest release of glom and run it, but it fails to
connect to postgres. postgres is running, and I can connect to it using the
psql terminal without any problems. I've tried putting in the connection error
checking code from the libgda docs, but it fails to build, and I don't have
much experience with gtkmm, so debugging it has been a bit tough. If you've got
any thoughts as to why it won't connect to the backend, I'd much appreciate
hearing them. Thanks!

 - David Nusinow