ANNOUNCE: Glom 0.8.9
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: gnome-announce <gnome-announce-list gnome org>, pgsql-announce <pgsql-announce postgresql org>
- Cc: glom-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: Glom 0.8.9
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:49:48 +0100
Glom is a GUI that allows you to design database table definitions and the
relationships between them. It also allows you to edit and search the data in
those tables. The design is loosely based upon FileMaker Pro, with the added
advantage of separation between user interface and data.
Glom uses the PostgresSQL database backend but it can not edit databases
that it did not create, because it uses only a simple subset of Postgres
Here are some screenshots:
Glom is written in C++, with gtkmm, Bakery, and libgdamm.
More information is at
*** Obvious/Known problems.
* There is no way to administer the users.
* The User Level is not dependent on database access rights.
* The Details view should show lists of related records directly among the regular fields.
* There is no printing/reports.
* Really save details of new tables in the document.
* Create the tables inside the specified database, instead of
putting them all in the user's default postgress database.
* Enforce one database per document - ask for a new database name
when creating a new document instead of allowing the user
to choose an existing database.
* When there is still only one table, open it without asking the
user to choose a table, as if it is the default table.
* Show the database title in the window title bar, instead of
* Fix an internationalization build problem. (Mike Castle)
* Added translations:
- Gujarati (Ankit Patel)
- Punjabi (Amanpreet Singh Alam)
- Spanish (Francisco Javier F. Serrador)
- Turkish (Baris Cicek)
murrayc murrayc com
][Date Next] [Thread Prev