[glade--]Re: glademm problems

Silviu D Minut schrieb:
Hi, Christof

I'm having some troubles compiling a gtkmm program generated by glademm.
I have

libglademm2-2.0.1-0.fdr.6.1
libglademm2-devel-2.0.1-0.fdr.6.1

glademm-2.0.0.1-SNAP

??? I never named any release SNAP (that might be snapshot - but which date is unclear, so you should retry with the CVS version)

I run
glade-- project1.glade

and then ./autogen.sh. Nothing works if I enable gettext support
in glade-2 when I produce project1.glade. I really don't care for that, so
I disable it.

Fixing gettext is on my todo list.

autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in

I already fixed that one in CVS.

configure.in:6: required file `./config.h.in' not found

rubbish ;-) autoconf told me that it would not need it any longer ...

then finally

config.status: creating config.h
config.status: error: cannot find input file: config.h.in

I searched on google after
"autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in"
and someone mentioned that this is because aclocal is not run before
autoheader.

So I manually swapped aclocal before autoheader and indeed all errors were
gone and the program compiled.

It appears then that glade-- generates the wrong autogen.sh file, so I'm
wondering if

Did you try the CVS version (the released version lacks behind with respect to autoconf files).

1) I'm doing someghing wrong.
2) If not, can we correct the glade-- code? It's trivial to do - just swap
the appropriate lines (580 and 581) in Cxx.cc - but I assume you had a
reason why you have autoheader before aclocal.

Did I have a reason? I don't know any longer. I remember copying the behavior from some gnome examples ...

I always have troubles with glade-- whenever I install new versions. I'm
surprised others don't complain about it. I don't know if you need any
help with glade-- development, but I'd be happy to get involved in the
glademm project. That way I would understand it better, so I could fix my
problems by myself. But I need a little help to get started.

You are more than welcome to join me in development. Feel free to ask any questions you like!