[glade--]Re: glademm problems

> > glademm-2.0.0.1-SNAP
>
> ??? I never named any release SNAP (that might be snapshot - but which
> date is unclear, so you should retry with the CVS version)

I downloaded the tarball from http://home.wtal.de/petig/Gtk/ (marked
"New"). It has a glademm.spec file and I made an rpm from it. It was named
SNAP. By the way, there's no docs/KNOWN file in the tarball, and rpmbuild
fails at the very end. I added that. I also swapped the aclocal and
autoheader in src/Cxx.cc and it woked (i.e. the resulting glade-- produced
an autogen.sh that was able to configure and compile project.glade).

> Fixing gettext is on my todo list.
>
> > autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in
>
> I already fixed that one in CVS.
>
> > configure.in:6: required file `./config.h.in' not found
>
> rubbish ;-) autoconf told me that it would not need it any longer ...

Between what I saw happening on my own computer and what they say, I
believe what I saw. It was needed in the glade-- version I compiled. At
any rate, I'm very frustaed with all the automake tools - they were
designed to make configuration and compilation easier across different
platform, and it turns out that automake/autoconf is more difficult to
keep straight than anything. And if you want to learn from scracth, from
the online gnu manuals, good luck!

I'll try the cvs version.

> You are more than welcome to join me in development. Feel free to ask
> any questions you like!

Is there anything specific that you would like me to do?

Silviu