Re: [glade--] Learning to use glademm-generated code

J. Baltasar García Perez-Schofield schrieb:
Well, actually, the devel version of gtkmm1.2 was installed. Anyway, I upgraded my packages to version 2.4, so now:

there lie worlds between 1.2 and 2.4!

libgtkmm2.4_1-2.4.7-1mdk
libgtkmm2.4_1-devel-2.4.7-1mdk

(see below, my version is)
$ pkg-config --modversion gtkmm-2.4
2.4.8

config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: error: cannot find input file: config.h.in

Hmmm. Autotools greatly vary. Can you try the CVS version of glademm, I still have to release again ...

However, this time I was able to type "make" and have something executing. Unfortunately, g++ reports errors in the source code:

window1_glade.cc: In constructor `window1_glade::window1_glade()':
window1_glade.cc:40: error: 'class Gtk::Entry' has no member named 'set_has_frame'

These methods exist in my installation of gtkmm, which version do you use, which version does glademm target?

$ fgrep set_has_frame /usr/include/gtkmm-2.4/gtkmm/*.h
/usr/include/gtkmm-2.4/gtkmm/entry.h: void set_has_frame(bool setting = true);

This happens in the constructor of the window. I simply removed the offending code and everything worked just fine, and I was able to compile and execute my first glade application (apart from the signal "hide" for the window, where I put "exit(0)", intending to have the application finished when the window is closed).

Gtk::Main::instance()->quit() is preferred (see gtkmm documentation) since it does not bypass local object destruction.

I don't understand how gtkmm works when there are older files. New files with a subfix "_new" are created, and it seems that the compilation goes through these new files, but it doesn't compile well. It complained about new signal handlers becoming the class abstract (?).

These files are created as a guideline. Glademm will (by design) not touch your program files. Please add the signal handler methods at the correct places (copy & paste usually is all you need).

The benefit is: You have the control how you subclass and structure your classes [while not every part of MAGuS (see below) is best choice it exercises a pretty complex OO model]

Does this code compile with mingw (and the appropriate libraries) in windows ?

of course, see e.g. midgard.berlios.de for a huge application.