[glade--]Re: glademm bug

Boris Duerner wrote:

Sadly you did not specify the version of gtkmm and glade you use. I
suspect you use gtkmm2 and glade 0.6.x? There's no WINDOW_DIALOG in gtk2
and glade-2 (V1.1.x) should not let you specify so.

So this is not really a bug but an incompatible parameter for gtkmm2,
put in by a gtk1 design program.

   Christof

Yes, I am using glade-0.64/glademm-1.1.3d. I have a project in glade which I convert to gtkmm2 code by hand:

glade-- --gtkversion 2.0 --gtkmmversion 2.0 MyProject.glade

try --gnome2 (but perhaps you'll encounter bugs with the official release, if so, give CVS a try)

for some reason glade always creates gtkmm1 code. I guess I have to upgrade to glade2. Which glade2/glademm combination is recommended for gtkmm2?

The "some reason" is compatibility: If you do not migrate your project to gtk2, glademm defaults to gtk1.

Take glade-2 1.1.3+

I also have observed that there are strange crashes when I compile with gcc2.9x. The debugger points to trivial function calls in the *_glade code that can't be the fault. I guess it is not possible to compile gtkmm2 code generated by glademm with gcc2.9x. Is that correct? What is the reason for this (just curious)?

Gtkmm2 and glademm combined hit the dynamic_cast bug of 2.95 . (Gtkmm FAQ, usually it crashes inside add() ) You might try the gtkmm/glademm mailing list archive for a more detailed explanation.