Re: [glade--]About i18n problem using glademm

Snow Dragon wrote:
Dear Christof,

Thanks for your previous e-mail. I think I hadn't give enough information in my previous e-mail. In fact I am just using gtk1.2. If I use glade but not glademm, the gettext works and the chinese are shown correctly. For my glademm program, I have tried removing all the gtk stuffs and just output a gettext string to the console. However, it did show the words correctly. If possible, I will be very pleased that you can have any advice or suggestion on my situation. Thanks a lot.

Sorry, I don't think that gtk1 is still worth any further thought or work. (Though I sadly still maintain some 1.2 programs)

One of gtk2's biggest pros is the reasonable support for Unicode. I don't think that trying to solve your problem in gtk1.2 is the way you should go. BTW if it works in glade, try to generate a glade (plain C) project. If it works there just compare the project with the C++ project (especially main()). IIRC you have to tell gtk1 about the locale you operate in. (Makes me shudder to try chinese without unicode.)