[glade--]Re: glademm question...

Ian Kay schrieb:
I hate bothering you directly, but I've been struggling for
months now trying to get glademm to work.

I've tried various versions of glademm (0.6.4 and 1.1.1b, among others) and with various versions of gtkmm and gtkmm-2. Everything compiles and runs, but when I use glademm and then try to build the code that is generated, configure always gives an error associated with the AC_PATH_GTKMM symbol.

Either you need to install the development packages of gtkmm (gtkmm-dev) - or if you compiled them yourself, you need to copy gtk--.m4 into /usr/share/aclocal. Using flags or environment variables to include the directory gtk-- was installed in proved problematic for me, but perhaps your have more luck or different needs.

Look for AM_PATH_GTKMM, this is a gtkmm FAQ.

I've searched for other stuff on the net that might explain this problem with no success. I've also stared at the Cxx.cc file where this originates but haven't yet figured out what I'm doing wrong.

I've been running RedHat Linux 7.2 and 7.3 (which may be the problem ;) and my current version of glade is 0.6.4.

Do you have any advice?  Is this a common problem?

Yes it is. But sorry for my late reply, I've been on holiday/busy for six weeks.
   Christof Petig