Re: [glade--]Re: No rule to make target `1.c', needed by `1.o'. Stop.

Baurjan Ismagulov schrieb:
Hello,

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 01:19:14AM +0300, Baurjan Ismagulov wrote:

src/Makefile.am:7: bad macro name `__SOURCES'
src/Makefile.am:18: bad macro name `__LDADD'
src/Makefile.am:7: invalid unused variable name: `__SOURCES'
src/Makefile.am:18: invalid unused variable name: `__LDADD'

I found out that these errors were the cause of the problem. The project
name consisted of a single digit, and it was replaced with an
underscore, which, in turn, caused automake to fail. So I have some
suggestions:

1. Why the project name is converted with ToCIdentifier? As far as I
   could see, it is not referenced in the sources.

Because non ascii program names like "schön" or "rømø" would get converted into a valid automake identifier. It never occured to me to name a binary with digits only. Perhaps a reasonable solution would be to prepend something if ToCIdentifier ends up with only underscores.

   The automake variable of the form "1_SOURCES" might not be valid
   (automake complains about it), but at least the project does compile.
   And __SOURCES isn't a valid name, either; besides, it makes the build
   impossible. FWIW, glade2's C backend allows such names.

What does glade emit in front of _SOURCES? I'd like to use the same name but do not care that much of _this_ bug to investigate myself (there are more severe bugs at hand).

I'd like to know The Developers' opinion regarding these issues. Please
let me know if you think I can help (with patches).

Patches are always loved! If you are able to fix this bug, please send a patch to me.