[glade--]Re: Gnomemm-2 support in glade--

Erwin J. van Eijk schrieb:
Hello Christof,

I'm currently looking into glade--, it works like a charm for gtkmm
stuff, but for the gnomemm stuff, well, it's not finished.

Tonight I was tinkering to get some basic gnomemm support in, but then
I realised that
a) you'd probably already been doing that

not really (sorry!). I hardly find time to do anything but preparing our 'open to the public' day next weekend.

b) if you weren't, you'd have some ideas on how to do it.

first you need to set up a working configure.in/autogen.sh (that's probably the hardest) for the generated project. If you manage to get gettext working, a lot of people would be glad (it once worked as of gnome 1.0, but gnome 1.4 seems to be different - I never found definitive docs - that's why I really look forward to gnome2).

second you need to write a write for the unknown widgets (with the ones at hand this should be relatively easy).

And last but not least the gnome menu support is really ugly (menubar.cc IIRC). I rewrote a much cleaner one for the gtkmm menu support and the gnome support need a rewrite too (Mostly applying the developed scheme).

Since I don't like working in vain, I'd like to discuss your philosopy before really continueing, if possible on IRC, since that
tends to speed up stuff, when compaired to email.

Sorry, I never IRC. But EMail should be fast enough since we live in the same time zone.

Yours
   Christof

PS: Please CC the mailing list.