[Glade-users] loading image resources from relative directories

On Wed, 2018-02-28 at 16:56 +0100, Luca Bacci wrote:
Hello, I have a problem regarding using glade with image data in
subdirectories.

I have a .ui file in a directory, with a 'icons' subdirectory

./example.ui
./icons/icon.svg
./icons/icon2.svg

I have many GtkImage where 'pixbuf' property is set to
'icons/icon.svg',  'icons/icon2.svg' ecc.

Finally, I have added this to the .ui definiton:

<requires lib="gtk+" version="3.20"/>
  <!-- interface-local-resource-path . -->

But Glade doesn't show icons. Is there a way to get this to work?

Current glade versions only load files from the same directory as the
.ui or the path you specify in the project preferences

This is fixed in master and glade-3-20 branches but I havent made a
release yet, but you should be able to use glade nightly

sudo flatpak remote-add gnome-nightly https://sdk.gnome.org/gnome-night
ly.flatpakrepo
sudo flatpak remote-add gnome-apps-nightly https://sdk.gnome.org/gnome-
apps-nightly.flatpakrepo
sudo flatpak install gnome-apps-nightly org.gnome.Glade

hope this helps

Juan Pablo