[Glade-users] Where is GtkFlowBox ? SOLVED

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Charles Bradshaw
<brad at bradcan.homelinux.com> wrote:
Ok so I answered my own question. The compiled version Glade 3.20
installs its catalogs to a different directory to the package manager
installed version.

Strangely 3.20 doesn't 'know' where the installed catalogs are! Perhaps
there's some global config somewhere which tells any glade where its'
catalogs are?

This should really not be the case, unless perhaps your distro has set
GLADE_CATALOG_SEARCH_PATH in your environment for some reason.

When Glade is installed on linux, the default search path (unless
overridden with the said env var), is hard coded into the installed
binary, into the prefix you selected at configure time (i.e
./configure --prefix=/usr/local or such).

That said, if you build Glade from source it's safer to do it with
something like jhbuild which will take care of dependencies and safely
relocating into a prefix that does not conflict with your host.

Another point of interest, is that often people have been confused
because they have built Glade (`./configure && make`) but have not
installed Glade (`make install`), Glade will not work without an
installation (or, it may pick up the catalogs and modules from another
host installation, as you seem to have encountered).

Any how a little renaming the old and linking the new has fixed my
problem. Don't I just hate linux wonks. ;-}