[Glade-users] Translation Domain?

I am very new to Glade, just building my first GUI for use with Python.
When starting Glade, and clicking on File and then Properties, I see the
potential to enter something for Translation Domain. I have not
succeeded in finding out what range of entries is possible, or any
suggestion for what to enter here. Can someone help with this?

Also, from the tutorials I've been able to find, I am running
"gtk-builder-convert myproject.glade myproject.xml" on the file created
by Glade before use with Python. That command fails unless I hand-edit
the glade file first, changing "interface" to "glade-interface" at the
top and bottom of the file. This seems tedious. Am I missing some part
of the automation?

Thanks in advance for any help.