[Glade-users] Glade 3.14.2 bug?

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM, David Buchan <pdbuchan at yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm running Glade 3.14.2 on Ubuntu 13.04 (Rancid Ringtail, or whatever).

I have a UI with hundreds of widgets on it (400-500), but I don't think that
should matter.

I'm getting rid of tables, hboxes, and vboxes since they're deprecated, and
replacing with grids, and boxes.

When I right-click to cut items from the layout portion of the Glade screen
(the center) and subsequently paste, Glade sometimes closes unexpectedly or
sometimes it even crashes. On Ubuntu, the Glade screen dims in that case.
Actually, what I see is that it doesn't crash on the cut, but on a
subsequent paste. I always paste into the layout area (center) with a
right-click.  Only forcing closure can get me out of that one. BUT, if I do
all my cuts from the thingy on the right (is that a tree view?), I don't get
those problems. I still paste into the layout area with right-click.

Sounds like a nasty crash or infinite loop, can you file a bug and attach
some Glade file which reproduces it ?

Perhaps you can cut out just a portion of your original glade file
(or the whole Glade file if you're comfortable with that) and attach
it to a bug, and explain the steps to reproduce the crash.

Then I can reproduce it and hopefully fix it.

Thanks,
    -Tristan

Hopefully I explained it clearly.

Anyway, I just do my cuts from the treeview thingy and paste as usual on the
layout portion and I have no problems.

So in summary, I think doing multiple right-click cuts from the center
layout area  is possibly faulty. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I'll just carry on, but I thought I'd mention it for the record.

Dave

Glade-users maillist  -  Glade-users at lists.ximian.com