[Glade-users] how to create a sudoku gui

I am done with command line interface of sudoku solver. Now, I am onto GUI building. I am absolutely new to
GUI and so to glade. (I use C)
Well, I created a frame and on it dropped a 'table' container of 9-by-9 size. Now, I am trying to put a 'text
entry' control in each container.The 'Text Entry's' I have created are very long (horizontally very long).
How do I reduce its size so as to look like a sudoku gui.
As you might have already aware of how exactly a sudoku gui looks like, so please help me on this. How do I
make it?Also do know that I am still a student and not a professional who can handle Linux Kernel.
I hope you will help me

Thankssurya