[Glade-users] combobox functionality

I am using Glade and Python (new to Python).
On my window created in Glade, I have a combobox that should display countries and states (USA). I can, of
course, type all of it into the combobox 'Items' property in Glade, but I also have a file with all this
info. So the question is, is it possible to attach the content of a file to a combobox Items? Probably not,
so I suppose I have to read the file in Python and assign the content to Items property. Am I right? If there
any short cuts to accomplish this, please let me know.
Thanks,
Arthur.