[Glade-users] combobox functionality

yes, at least i would make an "init" phase for the aplication, , where all
that type of data is loaded into the program.
i dont work on python but opening / reading a formated ascii or binary file
is trivial, shouldnt be a problem.
i recommend dont worry on the optimization of small things at this stage of
you develop, try to make it work, scan the file line by line and start
adding countries, then you might come up with a better idea if there is one,
thats what i can say as a mid experienced programmer.
however, is a good start to have data separated from the logic, keep it that
way

best regards
Cristobal