[Glade-users] Possible bug with File-chooser dialog?

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 22:53 +0100, Tadej Borov?ak wrote:
Hello.

Using pygtk code, destroying the dialog in callback function does not
produce error but using the gtk.builder object, it does.Thinking about
it, it isn't really a bug but more of a quirk?

Actually, this is not GtkBulder's fault. You're having problems
because there are two rather distinct ways of dealing with pop-up
dialogs. I described this topic in one of my blog post[1], where you
can get more information (I think there's even some PyGTK code in this
post;). Before switching to GtkBuilder, you probably created dialog on
the fly when needed, while now you only create it at applications
startup.

Tadej

[1] http://tadeboro.blogspot.com/2009/05/using-pop-up-windows.html

Thanks for info. I have a habit of diving into coding rather than
swatting up on theory which can cause bad habits :-)

The main reason I am changing my program to use glade is to make it
easier to maintain. I've started on one part of the python files and I'm
impressed with the decrease of code and how less cluttered it is. I'll
take your tip and create it at startup rather than on the fly.