[Glade-users] newbie question: trouble using tree view column editor

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Anthony Dardis <adardis at gmail.com> wrote:
I'm in the middle of Tadej Borov?ak's excellent tutorial; I've reached the
stage of adding display components to the tree view. I can add tree view
columns using the tree view editor. But when I attempt to add renderers to
the columns (the step in the tutorial beginning with "Now right-click
newly created column and select "Add child Spin item"" I don't seem to be
able to. Right-click on the column (in the Hierarchy view) brings forward
a dark-background box over the field that says "Column", and that's all.
If I repeatedly do this, I can see that there is a combo box pull-down
drawn under it, just a flash before/after the box appears, but I don't
have access to the combo box.

(a) am I trying to add the renderer in the wrong way?
(b) if the right way, can I make this work?

That's a dropdown menu that is rendering wrong on the Mac
for some reason.

Sorry I cant exactly fix that build for you now, you might try
just clicking on the box and creating a random item type and
then change the type from the right-hand editor.

Or... try building the glade-3-8 branch on your mac... see
if it fixes anything (maybe with more recent GTK+ things
are improved... the bundle you downloaded will be packaging..
I guess GTK+ 2.16 or 2.18).