[Glade-users] Fwd: when starting ruby application with glade interface, nothing happens

oops missed the list with this one.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tristan Van Berkom <tvb at gnome.org>
Date: Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Glade-users] when starting ruby application with glade
interface, nothing happens
To: haris_b <fbogdanovic at xnet.hr>

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 2:25 PM, haris_b <fbogdanovic at xnet.hr> wrote:

Hi.

I created file "a.glade" with glade-3 editor and made a ruby file "a.rb"
with ruby-glade-create-template.

I dont know what is ruby-glade-create-template, but I would recommend
that you look up the GtkBuilder apis in your ruby bindings.

If you have GTK+ bindings for ruby then naturally it will include the
builder, use the builder instead to parse the file generated by Glade
to build your interface at runtime.

Cheers,
? ? ? -Tristan

When I write "ruby a.rb", nothing happens.
I'm new to glade so don't know what could be wrong.
I'm doing this in Ubuntu 9.04.

Here is the link to ?the contents of the two files:
http://pastie.org/662387

Also when I try to open some example glade file from internet, I get the
following error message:
? ? The following required catalogs are unavailable: gnome, bonobo

Please tell me what is wrong here, do I have to install some additional
packages ?

Thanks
Haris

Glade-users maillist ?- ?Glade-users at lists.ximian.com