[Glade-users] Hide on delete

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Peyman <paskari007 at yahoo.ca> wrote:

[...]
Tristan

I'm still a little confused as to the situation with respect to hide on
delete. Is this because Glade does not allow for it, or because I am using
glade incorrectly?

   There is no reason why you cannot connect a callback to the "delete-event"
and call gtk_widget_hide() from that callback - using Glade to design you
GTK+ interface changes nothing in this regard as far as I can see.

The fact that people may not know that they can connect to signals,
or they do not know that they should connect to the delete event
specifically - or the simple fact that they must decide whether
they desire to hide the window when its deleted, or destroy it
and build another one later... all of these facts are details of GTK+,
and it makes no difference if you use Glade or not, you still have
windows which receive delete events and if Im not mistaken the default
action is to destroy the window.

Is there anything specific with regards to using the "delete-event" signal that
you are having problems with ?