[Glade-users] Hide on delete

On 17 Oct 2009, at 18:05, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Peyman <paskari007 at yahoo.ca> wrote:
Hello

Has anyone figured out why so many people run into the "hide-on-
delete" dilemma. It should be trivial

def hide_window(widget,data,wtree):
       widget.hide()
       return True

       window.connect('delete-event',hide_window)

but everyone, myself included, runs into this problem. I suspect it's
glade related

Peyman,
  There are a number of things we can do in Glade to make GTK+
easier to use - the fact is though no matter how well we do - the
users of Glade need to have an understanding of the underlying
toolkit GTK+.

The best we can do as far as I can see is try to provide good links
to GTK+ documentation from inside the tool and write good tutorials
or even a user manual about designing GTK+ interfaces with Glade.

A huge problem is that there just isnt enough documentation,
manuals and tutorials out there about using the Glade/GTK+
combination.

Tristan

I'm still a little confused as to the situation with respect to hide
on delete. Is this because Glade does not allow for it, or because I
am using glade incorrectly?

Cheers

Peyman

http://www.mail-archive.com/pygtk at daa.com.au/msg17021.html