[Glade-users] notebook tabs

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Chris Bare <chris at bareflix.com> wrote:
I'm creating an interface in glade and using gktbuilder to load it.
One of the elements is a notebook whose tabs will be generated at runtime
based on data read from a file.
It seems that even if I delete all tabs in glade, the notebook appears with 1
tab when I start my app.

Really ? does the Glade file get saved with no tabs ? that could be a
GtkBuilder bug...

If I delete that tab in the code, the whole notebook disappears.

That's right, a container in GTK+ will normally have a size request
of 0 if there are no children, if you want a blank empty space - you
should set it to expand/fill in its parent box or table, you may optionally
want to put a label in its place as well when there are no pages (or put
a label in the first page, and hide the tabs when there is only one page...)

[...]
For my particular application the contents of each tab is just going to be the
same scrolled text box, so it was convenient to create that in glade.

In that case you should create a template for that notebook page to load
from GtkBuilder, you might prefer to keep the template in a separate file
since gtk_builder_add_from_file() currently wont pull in object references in
the same file when cherry picking objects (i.e. it will only build the
specified
object and its children).